lpstat doesn't show disabled when use the --hold option

Sue Toeppler stoeppler at nmtransfer.com
Thu Jan 27 14:21:39 PST 2011

Running cups 1.4.6.  When I issue a 'cupsdisable -r"Reason" --hold printername', any spooled print requests wait in the queue as expected.  But when I do a 'lpstat -t', it doesn't show the printer as disabled and doesn't show the reason.
lpstat -t results:
printer lp05 is idle.  enabled since Thu 27 Jan 2011 04:17:07 PM CST

do a cupsdisable:
cupsdisable -r"Down" --hold lp05

do another lpstat -t:
printer lp05 is idle.  enabled since Thu 27 Jan 2011 04:17:07 PM CST

Doesn't show disabled or show the reason.

If I do 'cupsdisable -r"Reason" printername' and then a 'lpstat -t' it does show it as disabled and does show the reason.

cupsdisable -r"Down" lp05

do an lpstat -t:
printer lp05 disabled since Thu 27 Jan 2011 04:20:00 PM CST -
        Down

Is there any way to show it as disabled and show the reason when using the --hold option?