Second time CUPS sends pcl6 to postscript printer

jowyta jt at dpets.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 23:11:10 PDT 2011

On 18/07/11 21:56, Helge Blischke wrote:
> jowyta wrote:

>>> As there are several differend PPDs around for this printer, please post
>>> (an URL to) tze PPD you use.
>>>
>>> Helge
>>>
>> It is the generic postscript ppd, attached.
>
> The PPD seems to be OK (short of that you attached 2 PPDs as one file).
> But what strikes me when comparing your PPD with the PostScript-PPD
> supplied by Samsung is: the latter contains JCL statements, especially the following:
>
> *JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL JOB<0A>"
> *JCLToPSInterpreter: "@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT<0A>"
> *JCLEnd: "<1B>%-12345X"
>
> I'd suggest to insert these lines into your PPD just after the line reading:
> *TTRasterizer: Type42
>
> This will switch the printer to the PostScript interpreter at the beginning
> of each job.
>
> Helge

Helge,

"(short of that you attached 2 PPDs as one file)"

That is curious.  I attached the file
/usr/share/ppd/cups-included/postscript.ppd

and as you say, it contains two printer drivers.  Is this likely to
cause any problems?  How is this file generated?
(I am using Debian Wheezy)

I have inserted the lines as you suggested, I will let you know how it goes.

John