[cups.general] Bad device-uri scheme

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 09:55:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

Yeah, that was the issue. It was somehow under a folder
"backend-available" and not "backend".

Unfortuantely, the next problem seems to be more obscure about it.

lpadmin -p security -v lpd://172.21.36.88/ps -E && lpadmin -p security
-P /etc/cups/ppd/security-default.ppd && lp -d security avatar.jpeg
request id is security-3 (1 file(s))

Few minutes later:

lpstat -p -d
printer security is idle.  enabled since Wed 08 Jun 2011 07:22:50 PM EEST
	Data file sent successfully
no system default destination

But I see nothing coming out of the printer. :( I have just attached
the access and error logs. (Check just the last entries out). I am
actually using VPN and Wi-Fi connection to the network printer, but it
worked previously that way.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp