[cups.general] cupsd no longer allows using cname (alias) must use hostname

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun Mar 13 19:28:33 PDT 2011

You are running into the (relatively new) DNS rebinding attack protection code. Sadly, while we do our best at startup we don't always catch all of the aliases for a given server. To work around this, add ServerAlias directives to your cupsd.conf file, either the "allow anything" version:

    ServerAlias *

or one per hostname, e.g.:

    ServerAlias name1.example.com
    ServerAlias name2.example.com