Adjustint the position on page?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:40:00 PST 2011

I'd like to know of the easiest way to fix the position of the output to the paper. It seems like the most common problem, but I couldn't find any solutions that worked. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here are 2 things I have tried
First was editing the ImageableArea in the ppd file and re-uploading it.
the original entry was
*ImageableArea Letter/Letter: "12 08 600 784"
I changed it to
*ImageableArea Letter/Letter: "40 08 600 784"
and loaded the the saved ppd file via the web interface
no difference in the output paper.
Is there something else I need to change? It seems like it is loading because I also changed the defaults to letter over A4 everywhere I could find it and that seems to have taken effect.

I tried using the command line option page-top
lpr -o page-top=40 -P myprinter mypostscriptfile.ps

again no difference
I tried many different numbers 80 120 ... but it just seems to ignore them.

I am using the ppd files from Kyocera for my 2 printers
one is a Kyocera FS-1128MFP the other is a Kyocera FS-3900DN the drivers are close but I still need to make some adjustments. I am using letter paper size on both and set that in the defaults. I'm using cups version 1.4.4 provided by the debian package. I am running debian version 6.0, kernel version 2.6.32-5.