[cups.general] CUPS 1.6 and PPD's [not] going away

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Oct 18 22:36:22 PDT 2011

Paul,

Support for PPDs is not going away in CUPS 1.6.

All we are doing is deprecating the PPD APIs and PPD compiler: they will continue to exist, and we will continue to fix bugs, but we will not be adding new features to the APIs or PPD compiler.

Additional details will emerge on cups.org as they are available...