[cups.general] sco unix to centos printing

Quiliro Ordóñez quiliro at congresolibre.org
Wed Sep 7 08:53:28 PDT 2011

Hi.

Thank you for making such a great software and for being part of this
support community. I have searched through the forum and around internet
but cannot find solution to my problem.

An SCO Unix server was printing through several Centos 4.5 workstations.
Updating to Centos 5.4 made the Unix server not recognize the cups
printer in the Centos workstations. It is said that the solution works
with Centos 5.2 but I have not tested it. I have tested it with BLAG
140000 (free version of Fedora 14) and Trisquel 4.5 (free version of
Ubuntu 10.04) with the same problem.

I have tryed installing CUPS 1.1.23, 1.2.11 but they will not compile
well or not work well even locally. CUPS 1.5.0 works but does not print
from the remote Unix server.

My inquiry is to know why it has that problem and where to find
information about it.

--
Quiliro Ordóñez

"No se puede sacrificar la libertad por ningún bien, por ninguna promesa
de pan o de paz o de justicia, porque ese pan tendría amargura de
veneno, esa paz sería de muerte, y esa justicia no sería justicia humana
ni tendría sentido." Alfredo Pérez Guerrero

"Não se pode sacrificar a liberdade por nenhum bem, por nenhuma promessa
de pan ou de paz ou de justiça, porque esse pan teria amargura de
veneno, essa paz seria de morte, e essa justiça não seria justiça humana
nem faria sentido." Alfredo Pérez Guerrero