How can I get the printer status?

Eric Mercier emr at setd.fr
Mon Sep 12 07:35:22 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using Cups 1.4.4 on a HP Laserjet CM1017, with the driver "HP Color LaserJet CM1015 Postscript (Recommanded)"

When I'm sending a test page to the printer while it has, for exemple, the input tray open, cups says "Job done". But I wish it to cancel job and says "Job cancel, Input tray open" or something like that.

Is it possible? If it is, how can I obtain this result? It is possible to query some printer information (ink level, if paper tray is empty, things like that) with cups?

Where can I found information about that?

Thanks a lot,