Landscape printing using CUPS 1.42 on Brother 6050 is blank

Tim Underwood timu at hightouchinc.com
Mon Apr 9 11:52:18 PDT 2012

Trying to test a variety of printers, and I've run across an issue with the Brother HL6050DN printer.

When I print a test document using the following command:

lpr -P <queue> -o media=Letter -o landscape -o cpi=17 -o lpi=8 -# 1 <textfile>

The printer only prints blank pages (portrait prints fine).  If I select Legal papersize, the printer correctly indicates it needs legal (no tray for legal), and putting legal paper in the manual tray feeds the paper - but again, nothing prints for landscape.

Interestingly - it feeds the correct number of pages for whatever the textfile is, but landscape always prints a blank page for each page.

Ideas?