Problem printing a pptx or converted pdf file through cups printing server

Dan dan_albu_ro at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 07:15:56 PDT 2012

hi all,

Please help me figure this out. I instaled cups printing server on a fedora distribution. i ocnfigured a bunch of printers for my little office. Everything worked ok until i received a pptx file that had 20 slides with full slide picture in it. it seems that it will not print the file...the server doesn't even receive the request from the windows 7 machine or the iMAC. i run versione 1.3.11 .
i tried to convert the pptx into a pdf with lower resolution in pictures but still it is not working.

if i trie to rpin from windows just 2 slides the printer properties showes 78 MB of data....the printer's only have 32 MB max.

if anyone has/had this problem please tell me a solution.
it drives me crazy because i can't print.

dan