How change font size in raw printing via print server.

Krzysiek oneiro at o2.pl
Wed Jan 4 03:15:28 PST 2012

Hi all,

I've printer Panasonic PX-P2130.  It was worked in Windows with ERP program - program make direct print do LPT port.

Now, we change OS to Linux (free OpenSuse) and we get problem. Now, I can't print direct to LPT (ERP program now is install in server). Configuration is:

LINUX <=> LAN  <=> PRINT SERVER WITH LPT PORT <=> KX-P2130

Print server is edimax device.

I set new printer in CUPS with socket 192.168.0.16:9100 and print by "lrp -Pprinter" wher "printer" is my printer in network.

It work fine, but ther is one little (but big) problem - font size.

In Windows when I printing dircet to LPT in ERP program I was able to set "density" of font - density normal and hi (other word size of font).  We was used hi density.

Now, default in CUPS in normal density (DPI/font size). Can I change it?

I try by lrp -o cpi=  and lpi  but it not work.  Could someone help me change DPI/Font?

PS. Postscript driver for my printer work not good - main reason is speed - is very slowly, direct printing is very fast (regarding do postscript).

BR Krzysiek