Utf-8 encoding issue with foriegn language in non-mac machine

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Tue Jul 3 09:35:44 PDT 2012

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/cups/cups-136/cups/ppd/generic.ppd

>> > Still no luck, need help in this regards,
>>
>> Well, the Monospace font family distributed with CUPS does not contain a
>> korean script (set of glyphs) as far as I can see, and GNU FreeMono
>> doesn't either.
>> You'll need to find a suitable font (see CJK fonts) and possibly merge
>> that into Monospace or FreeMono and use that instead.
>> As for font merging, this can be done e.g. using the free FontForge; you
>> may ask me off the list if you need assistance.
>>
>> Helge
>>
> Thanks for replying, I need your assistance in merging chinese,
> chinese(Taiwan), japanese and korean fonts with Monospace.
>
> Under CJK fonts there are 3 varieties of typeface ie Ming, sans-serif and
> script. which wont would suite for merging to Monospace and please let me
> know some insight on same.

I found
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CJK_fonts
as a first place for further investigation. Especially see the link to the
list of free Korean fonts there.

If you need technical support for merging fonts, you may ask me (even off
the list), but I'm not the person to make proposals which font to use.

Helge