Paper size changed to A4 when printing via IPP

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:15:19 PDT 2012

I'm having an odd problem.  I am using CUPS 1.5.2 on Fedora 17 to print
to a KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 4750 (using PostScript with the vendor-
supplied PPD file).  The printer supports both IPP and "JetDirect"
printing (along with a bunch of other methods).

When printing via JetDirect, everything works as expected, and I'll see
something like "1 1 - localhost foo.pdf Letter one-sided" in page_log.

When printing via IPP, however, something is changing the paper size
from Letter to A4.  page_log will contain something like "1 1 -
localhost foo.pdf A4 one-sided", and the printer will sit there waiting
for me to tell it what to do (since it doesn't have any A4 paper
loaded).

Anyone have any idea what could cause this or how I can debug?

Thanks!