[cups.general] Ubuntu/Xerox Phaser problem

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Fri May 18 07:20:58 PDT 2012

John David wrote:

> Hi, I don't know if you can help me but I don't know who else to ask.
> I use the latest Ubuntu for anything to do with the web/internet. The
> problem comes when I have to print out a page from the web on my
> network printer - Xerox Phaser 6130n. Nothing happens for about some
> time -
> might be  4 or 5 minutes, before the printer then says processing,
> then after another minute or two it will print the first page, after
> another minute or two it will print the next page and so on. I am not
> totally unix literate, but I can enter instructions into a terminal if
> I have to. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance,
> John David.

Not sure about your problem. Have you tried the Xerox driver for
Linux(6130) at
http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-6130/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=linux&fileLanguage=en

You can download and install the package easily. I have a  6120 thats
run under linux (always openSUSE starting it 9.0 and now on 12.1) for
almost 7 years with no problems. I have always used the Xerox supplied
drivers. Your printer is rated at 12 ppm color and 16 ppm BW. Mine is
5ppm color 20 ppm BW.

if you are starting from power off the printer has a 30 second warmup
before being ready. Also depending on type of document your printing it
may take a while to process. Some of mine take around a minute. Also on
the 6120 I have seen a hangup where it never finishes processing. This
has only been lately and I think it has something to do with the latest
versions of postscript conversion.

Sorry I cannot help you more, If you have not tried the Xerox driver you
may want to.

--
Russ
openSUSE 12.1(3.1.10-1.9-desktop x86_64)|KDE Platform Version