[cups.general] User-specific settings

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu May 24 00:37:43 PDT 2012

Op 23-05-12 17:19, Michael Sweet schreef:
> Paul,
>
> Do you mean custom values or ???

I mean settings specific for a user. In my case I want to give a
personlized PIN code for the printjob. But it could also be a very
normal default setting like duplex printing.

It's about a thin-client server, so there are many people working with
the same ppd-driver.

> CUPS supports default values ("man
> lpadmin lpoptions") as well as custom values for printer drivers that
> support them.

When I print from e.g. GTK applications or LibreOffice, this settings
are ignored. So I think this are no global cups settings, but settings
specific for some frontends like lp or lpr. True?

With regards,
Paul.

http://www.vandervlis.nl