Unsupported document-format

Johan Bengtsson ejb at bredband.net
Fri Nov 16 13:39:10 PST 2012

Kevin Mallon wrote:

>> > What happens if you send a postscript file?
>> > Maybe it is some problem with your /etc/cups/mime.types or
>> > /etc/cups/mime.convs files.
>> >
>> > -Johan Bengtsson
>>

>> I do not have an /etc/cups/mime.types or /etc/cups/mime.convs
file

> Also I have checed the server and those files do not exist
anywhere on the
> server

Well, maybe your installation is broken or incomplete? These files
exist in two places on our server, don't know why, but the ones in
/etc/cups seems to be the ones that are used.

Maybe you can use package management command to find out how to fix
this.

> rpm -qf  /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.types
cups-1.4.6-3+cth

> rpm -q --whatprovides  /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.types
cups-1.4.6-3+cth

-Johan Bengtsson