[cups.general] Cups printer working locally but not accepting jobs from clients

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Sep 19 02:45:11 PDT 2012

Hello,

On Sep 19 02:26 John wrote (excerpt):
> I have Ubuntu file server 10.4 LTS no GUI installed.
> Epson stylus photo printer which in turn is directly
> connected to a HP JetDirect 175 print server over TCP/IP.
>
> Inside the web interface for cups I can see the Epson
> no problem I can even send a test page which prints fine
> from the Ubuntu server. I want to share the printer off
> to the half dozen windows clients. They can see the
> printer fine and it appears to install OK but when I
> send a print job I do not see it appear in CUPs que
> so obviously nothing prints.

Perhaps it helps to have a look at
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printing_from_Windows_to_Linux

For debugging, inspect the Samba logs and the CUPS log
files (usually /var/log/cups/error_log).

When the printer is directly accessible via network,
I wonder why you need to print from Windows clients
indirectly via Samba and the CUPS server and not print
directly from Windows clients to the printer?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner