Resizing a JPEG image for printing (using CUPS Library)

Tom Morrison tom.morrison at smith-nephew.com
Tue Sep 25 07:22:50 PDT 2012

Hi

I have successfully cross-compiled the CUPS 1.4.5 library (libcups.a) to the ARM 9 platform and I have a (720x480) jpeg image that Further, I have successfully) printed to my local wireless HP printer.

The problem is that the physical image that the printer 'thinks' it is is HUGE (multi-pages) - I can't do this to my user. In fact, my ideal is to print this at different sizes (based upon user input).

Are there any attributes that I could add to the IPP request in order to have the printer 'resize' this image could be printed on a single page?

Any suggestions for a direction ot investigate?

Tom