"Can't write page %d image"

Yannick Forster yannick.forster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:20:50 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm running a cups server on Arch (ARMv5). It's just a naked (but up-to-date) system with cups, libcups, gutenprint and avahi installed. I attached a Office Stylus BX300F from Epson, added it over the web interface and shared it to the network.

Now I'm trying to print from Fedora 18 over IPP, but every time I print it just prints one page and then says "Can't write page %d image". After that I need to cancel the job to print the first pages of other jobs.

The error-log doesn't tell me much, well, better: It doesn't tell me anything, except that it is printing "dirty files" all the time.

What did I do wrong? Changing the driver to the second one shipped with gutenprint does produce the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Ypsilon