[cups] Allow only black and white printing

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Sun Apr 6 03:54:31 PDT 2014

The easiest way to do what you need is to set up the printer twice
under different names.
For the restricted one I'd suggest to insert a job patch file
(keyword: *JobPatchFile 1:)
into the PPD.
If you don't dare to do this by yourself, please mail me the PPD you
use to
helgeblischke at web dot de .

Helge

Am 05.04.2014 um 21:24 schrieb Fabian Hoffmann:

> Thanks for the Answer.
>> Two questions:
>> (1) is it a PostScript printer supporting at least language level 2?
> Yes, I think so. It is a Kyocera FS-C2026MFP+ connected via socket.
>> (2) is this behaviour intended to be permanent or selectable by an
>> option?
> Well permanent is fine, when I can set up the printer a second time
> without the restrictions.
>>
>> Helge
>>
>> Am 05.04.2014 um 11:08 schrieb Fabian Hoffmann:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to allow only black and white Printing on a color
>>> printer? Same question for only allowing simplex on a duplex
>>> printer?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Fabian