[cups] Allow only black and white printing

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Thu Apr 10 02:38:26 PDT 2014

A (tested) example of a job patch file to do this is:

---snip---
*JobPatchFile 1:"%
/_sys_setpagedevice /setpagedevice load def
<</ProcessColorModel /DeviceGray
   /Duplex false
 >>_sys_setpagedevice
/setpagedevice
{
         1 index/ProcessColorModel 2 copy known{undef}{pop pop}ifelse
         1 index/Duplex 2 copy known{undef}{pop pop}ifelse
         _sys_setpagedevice
}bind def
%
"
---snip---
This is to be inserted into the PPD near the beginning, where the
basic capabilities
are described.

Helge

Am 05.04.2014 um 21:24 schrieb Fabian Hoffmann:

> Thanks for the Answer.
>> Two questions:
>> (1) is it a PostScript printer supporting at least language level 2?
> Yes, I think so. It is a Kyocera FS-C2026MFP+ connected via socket.
>> (2) is this behaviour intended to be permanent or selectable by an
>> option?
> Well permanent is fine, when I can set up the printer a second time
> without the restrictions.
>>
>> Helge
>>
>> Am 05.04.2014 um 11:08 schrieb Fabian Hoffmann:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to allow only black and white Printing on a color
>>> printer? Same question for only allowing simplex on a duplex
>>> printer?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Fabian