[cups] cups not sending the correct username

Fri Apr 25 07:49:00 PDT 2014

Hello,

I use cups 1.7.2 on arch linux. My local username is florian and
printers are discovered using cups-browsed and avahi. My username that
is permitted to print is lindnefn. User in client.conf is set.

florian at asaru ~ % cat /etc/cups/client.conf
# see 'man client.conf'
ServerName /var/run/cups/cups.sock #  alternative: ServerName
hostname-or-ip-address[:port] of a remote server
User lindnefn

florian at asaru ~ % cat ~/.cups/client.conf
User lindnefn

If I go the cups webinterface on localhost it displays florian as user
name.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks,
Florian