[cups] Unable to select a workstation printer driver for network raw printer

John Lawton john at lawton.me.uk
Thu Aug 7 16:03:59 PDT 2014

Hi Gene,

thanks for your reply. I don't know about FQDN access, but it seems
to me my current server setup must be fine as it has worked for
literally years with Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations and my
previous Kubuntu workstation.

It's the new workstation that doesn't work with my network, (sadly
the old workstation linux SSD is unreadable so I can't copy the settings).

When I try and configure a printer on my local machine using the GUI
tool it autodetects the server raw printer and I think tries to
install a driver on the server, which doesn't work of course.

John