[cups] CUPS not sending correct user name

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Wed Jun 4 04:28:43 PDT 2014

Looking into the sources (cups/usersys.c) reveals that to evaluate the
user name
to use the USER environment variable is checked first. The "User foo"
directive
in client.conf is only taken into account if the USER environment
variable
is not set or does not match the current UID. So you need, I think, to
undefine (or set to empty) the USER environment variable prior to
executing
a print command.

Helge