[cups] cupsUIResolver, cupsUIConstraints PPD extensions

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Fri Mar 21 14:14:32 PDT 2014

Your proposal seems reasonable, as far as I can see.
The main difference to the standard UIConstraints (and
NonUIConstraints) is that
the cups extension supplies an algorithmic means of resolving the
conflicts by specifying
the *cupsUIResolver statements, whereas the Adobe constraints require
a user interaction
to select non-conflicting options.

For a short description of how this works, see:
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/spec-ppd.html

Helge