[cups] editing PPD for Brother HL-2270DW

Helge Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Mon May 19 06:57:28 PDT 2014

I have installed a fake printer of this type to look at the data sent
to the printer.
It turnes out that the script installed as the filter only translates
the job attributes and PPD options
to PJL statements. The rest of the input is converted into PCL, and
the PCL data contain no
media size specification. That means that the media size is solely set
up by the printer's PJL
interpreter.
You could try to modify the said script to replace the standard
@PJL SET PAPER = name
where name is one of the built-in media size names, by
@PJL SET PAPERLENGTH = lengh
@PJL SET PAPERWIDTH = width
where length and width are respective values in 1/720th of an inch.
But be arare that this is not a trievial change, and I don't know if
the printer's PJL interpreter accespts these statements.

Helge