[cups] Printed area offset from paper area

G.W. Haywood cups at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 12:39:59 PST 2014

Hi there,

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014, Helge Blischke wrote:

> I suspect somewhere in the process the page size is set to Letter instead of A4.
> Please try the following:
> ?       stop the printer
> ?       do a test print from Windows which uses to exhibit the issue
> ?       save the input file (/var/spool/cups/d0xxxx-001, where xxxx is the job ID)
>         (as a super user, of cause)
> ?       release the printer and verify that the issue has been occurred
> Post the saved file and the PPD used by CUPS (/etc/cups/ppd/Brother-MFC-7860DW.ppd).

I'll do that tomorrow - unless the Finance Director has another crisis.  :/

Thanks very much.  Some of the Windows software in use here is very
old (over 15 years) and I have noticed that sometimes page sizes are
set to letter instead of A4 for no apparent reason - but I always set
the danged thing back again when I see that.  However the print output
has been incorrect even when there has been no obvious sign that the
page size was set incorrectly.

I'll also try the Adobe PPD file to which Mr. Meixner kindly directed
me, and I'll let you know what I find.

--

73,
Ged.