[cups] Issue source port reuse

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Oct 22 03:17:04 PDT 2014

LPD requires that the client use a "secure" source port (traditionally between 721 and 731, although any port from 1 to 1023 is acceptable in general) so the Linux client will reuse available ports (only one is in use at any given time, but consecutive jobs could use the same port). You can disable this by adding "?reserve=none" to the end of the device URI on the Linux print queue. This is documented at:

    http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/network.html

Sent from my iPad