[cups] cups works fine at 1.4.3 on ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS, doesn't on 1.5.3 on debian 7 (wheezy)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 10 09:05:13 PST 2015

On Saturday, January 10, 2015 09:31:00 AM G.W. Haywood did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi there,
>
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > rastertolxx74 seems to be missing ...
> > The missing file cannot be found with an apt-file search.
> >
> > Suggested fix?
>
> Any use?
>
> https://abf.io/current/cups-drivers-lxx74/tags

2nd reply:  I note also that it reports libpopplar.so.5, way up that list
I quoted, cannot be found and opened.  And an "apt-file search
libpoplar.so.5" has a null return also.

So, where can I get a libpopplar.so.5?  I also checked that out
previously and it seems to be an rpm only phenomenon according to google.
Puzzling at best.  This is debian 7, (wheezy), and I tried to sub to
their mailing list, got the confirmation message, but not the success
message.  I'll try again.

But if someone familiar with 1.5.3 can enlighten me, please do.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)