[cups] Documentation about CUPS usb quirks usage?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jul 2 08:12:42 PDT 2015

Johannes,

The original quirks come directly from the old usblp kernel driver.

Generally speaking, "soft-reset" is used for printers that work once but not for a second job.  "unidir" is used for printers that don't properly support back-channel data (either hung or slow printing).  And "no-reattach" is often needed for MFPs with scanner drivers.

"usb-init" is used by Gutenprint to know whether to send a USB init string.