[cups] cups 2.x ipp with older cups server

Simon Peeters peeters.simon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 05:28:27 PDT 2015

Hej all,

I've been having this issue ever since i upgraded to cups 2.0 but
didn't bother putting to much time in this.

I have 2 different (linux)printer servers which for multiple reasons
can't be easily upgraded beyond 1.4 and 1.6 respectivly.

Ever since i upgraded my cups on my main linux machine to 2.0 it fails
to print on these printservers. with 2.1 the same problem persists.

When i try to print the jop shows up on the server with an "Unknown"
pagecount, and emediatly switch to "completed" without actually
sending anything to the printer.

All windows machines are still able to print to these servers.

when i attach the printer locally it works perfectly with (except for
the connection) the same parameters (same driver, same settings,...)

The printers are configured to use ipp.

Any ideas?

Greeting

Simon Peeters