[cups] Problem with remote printing; Cannot change printer-is-shared for remote queues.

Alex Korobkin korobkin+cups at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 20:53:18 PST 2016

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Jonatan Schlag <jonatan at familyschlag.de>
wrote:

> how can I achieve that I can print from all local computers without
> installing the driver on every local computer?

One way to handle this is to create the file /etc/cups/client.conf, and
specify this line in it:
ServerName print-server-name

Where print-server-name is the name of your Debian server. Now your clients
will replicate the setup on the server automatically.

See man client.conf for any additional options (mostly encryption).

--
-Alex