[cups] programmatically detect network printer power state

Boncek, John jboncek at hunter.com
Thu Jun 2 07:34:34 PDT 2016

Not really a secret, but not germane to the discussion either.  My organization creates embedded systems for non-computer-savvy users who need a very simple (and very limited) set of ways to connect to a network printer, send jobs to it, and be given a clue as to why the printer might not be responding if it isn't.  Our system uses CUPS behind the scenes but our users never see it.  Thanks for all you do.

John