[cups] empty page_log file

Spike spike at drba.org
Mon May 23 16:34:46 PDT 2016

Brian,
thanks for the explanation and pointer. I also found this which has the
same conclusion:

https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/249113

if I remove this line from the ppd file, I get the accounting lines in
page_log !
*cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-postscript 0 hpps"
and I could print out some pages.

Just like the author of that bug I am however puzzled by the removal of the
filter. That said, judging from http://hplipopensource.com/node/128, it
seems hpps "implements special functionalities like, Job storage (Secure
printing), Job Accounting and Born On Date (BOD)" so maybe it's cool to
just get rid of it.

that said, looking at both bugs, they are pretty old but seems to be both
still open/unresolved (no comments in the one you pointed me to).

any thoughts on any implications of getting rid of this?

thanks,

Spike