[cups] Dell B1160w on Raspberry Pi -- no pstospl filter for ARM? or is there a workaround?

Carl McCabe cwmccabe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 04:40:28 PDT 2016

Thanks to everyone who replied.

JimC: I will test out qemu and binfmt_misc.  That sounds like it might be a
good approach.

Hans: I went through that guide but am still left with the problem of no
pstospl filter binary for ARM.

Sean: I am first going to try the emulation approach because I would like
to support Windows clients as well, but if I can't get it to work, then I
will try the raw printer option.

I also found elsewhere that there is a set of printer drivers for Samsung
printers, called SpliX (http://splix.ap2c.org/).  The project's website
doesn't list the B1160w as a successfully tested printer (nor does it list
what appears to be the original Samsung branded version, Samsung
ML-2165W/XAA) but I'll still try it.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Carl