[cups] Setting up a brother that can do duplex, to make it do duplex?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Oct 29 15:18:03 PDT 2016

On Saturday 29 October 2016 11:58:37 G.W. Haywood wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2016, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > ... Jessie is still haveing teething problems ...
>
> If you need to keep running Wheezy then for now you can run a Jessie
> virtual machine on the Wheezy box just for printing.  It will take all
> of twenty minutes to set up.
>
> > More fun will be ... finding or building a place for the keyboard
> > and mouse. Flying swarf, the name for the cuttings made, must be
> > kept out of the keyboards else keys get jammed down, and since its
> > metal, also conductive so must be kept out of the electronics, and
> > mice don't appreciate a dirty surface either.
>
> Kinda OT for this list - but speaking as a Chartered Engineer there
> is _no_ place for a (consumer) keyboard and mouse in a machine shop.

I would agree, and write all the code I use on this machine, exporting it
to the machine that will run it, but nothing beats seeing a miscue in
person, hitting esc to stop it, and editing the miscue out of it right
then and there.  So you need them at the machine.

75% of what I write winds up being a onezie, or at worst a fourzie.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)