[cups] Question regarding cups-pdf

Felix Natter fnatter at gmx.net
Sat Jul 1 07:07:33 PDT 2017

hello cups experts,

Narcis Garcia <informatica at actiu.net> writes:
> El 07/05/17 a les 17:15, Felix Natter ha escrit:
>>
>> Yes, my machine is configured to put the output PDFs into ~/PDF:
>> Out ${HOME}/PDF
>>
>> But as I wrote in my previous mail, when printing from firefox or gedit,
>> I see output files there. If I print from a java app, I don't see this
>> (als not in /var/spool/cups-pdf/ANONYMOUS), even though if I print from
>> the same java app on Windows to "PDFCreator", printing *does* work.
>>
>> Many Thanks and Best Regards,
>>

> Then the problem is between Java (package? version?) and CUPS-PDF.
> Does same Java print successfully to other printers?

Sorry for the delay, I now managed to install a parallel port card and
configure my printer. Printing to this (real) printer works just fine.

So I think this affects cups-pdf.

Does anyone have an idea why I can print from the java application
(Freeplane) just fine, but if I use cups pdf, no PDF appears in ~/PDF
(despite "Out ${HOME}/PDF" in cups-pdf.conf)?

Shall I add debug statements to /usr/lib/cups/backend/cups-pdf?
Any hints?

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter