[cups] printer accepts job but doesn't print ubuntu canon pixma G2100

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:16:35 PDT 2017

Hello Cesar,
Clearly if you have a G2100 and yes select MG2100 as the driver, this
will not work!

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 7:17 AM, cesar pachon <cesarpachon at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
> I am trying printing to a canon pixma g2100 in ubuntu, through CUPS.
> this is the CUPS setup for the printer:
> MG2100 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.11 (color)
> Connection:usb://Canon/G2000%20series?serial=15B8A4&interface=1
/../

Support for the G series has been added (experimentally, since there
are no testers as far as I am aware of) in the latest gutenprint
5.2.13, so you either need to wait for your distribution to offer it,
or compile from sourse.
For gutenprint-related queries, please use the gutenprint-dev mailing list.
Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug