[cups] Missing letters into printed pdf docs

Philippe Lefèvre ph.l at libertysurf.fr
Wed Sep 5 00:49:15 PDT 2018

Hello,

I already sent this question yesterday and as I didn't had any feedback
and can't see it today into yesterday archives I suppose this is due to
the fact I was not recorded into the cups user list.
This is done now and I post it again. Thousand of pardons if I'm wrong.

I'm faced to an issue (encountered for a long time) that I first
believed it was from the evince software.

When I push a PDF document to my printer via CUPS, some letters (mainly
low case letters i and l ) are not printed.
That document is well displayed (with all letters) with evince and other
PDF like softwares.

This morning I tried to print this same document via another software
(Master Editor PDF 4) which do not use CUPS and all letters were well
printed.
(I don't know what is used by Master Editor PDF to print PDF docs ....
may be lpr?)

Is this a known issue, how could I fix it?

I'm running Debian Jessie (8.11) up to date
CUPS version : 1.7.5 (official Debian package version for Jessie)

Thanks for any suggestion
Philippe