[cups] CUPS won't send my user name to the printer

マスターズ イアン ian at ncsa.jp
Mon Sep 10 23:23:39 PDT 2018

Gernot

Thanks and here are the 1st questions! ;-)

Actually after reading your summary and trying out what I thought you meant, I managed to get a print job to the printer that was visible to me (i.e. it had not been discarded). However the file name was messed up (It arrived as the full path of the file) and was 0 pages long and when I tried to print it, it never printed, but went into some kind of data loop, so I had to cancel the job so that other people would be able to use the printer again!

So, to my questions ...

Step 1 OK

Step 2 OK

Step 3 OK

Step 4:

Where do I copy fxauth from?

I tried creating a new file fxauth with the bash script in it. Was that correct?

Step 5:

Where do I copy C4405.fx from?

I created a file called <CUPS printer name>.fx.

There are no other .fx files on the system except the one I created in /etc/cups/ppd/

Thanks

ian

p.s. interesting mail address ;-)