[cups] Can't detect file type / Not a PDF file

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:18:42 PDT 2019

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc said:

>  Where do I start with this? I have tried re-installing, but it didn't help.
>  The filter package seems to be ok. I've looked at all the suggestions
>  from Google, which seems to have helped other people, but it does
>  not appear to be the same problem I have.

Which OS? What CUPS and cups-filters versions? There is a PPD for the
printer in etc/cups/ppd; what do the *NickName and *cupsFilter lines
say?

Execute

cupsfilter - p PPD_in_/etc/cups/ppd -m printer/foo -e
/etc/nsswitch.conf > out.dat

and provide its screen output. (Adding 2>log to the command gives you
what we need).

--
Brian.