[cups] Lexmark 2480, IBMPro Quirks

Farrell, Jarrod Spencer farrel34 at purdue.edu
Mon Dec 9 03:39:59 PST 2019

Continuing from what I posted earlier since I was rushed somewhere, and
after I forgot that I had this draft in my mailbox:

The original suspicion was on Ubuntu's print dialog but I've seen
similar results when using command-line commands. The printer has an
advertised 96k buffer but the advertisement material has been wrong and
I've noticed it takes a few moments to send a self-generated file to
/dev/usb/lp0 so the claim might be incorrect or as a result of printer
configuration (bi-directional printing?).

I'm hypothesizing there's a problem how cups deals with slow printers
that cannot receive the entire print job completely, but that's my
novice take on cups.