[cups] HP450c stops at cm 100

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Tue Feb 5 10:20:49 PST 2019

> Am 05.02.2019 um 18:47 schrieb Francesco Leoni Sforza <labellascola at gmail.com>:
>
> Thank you Helge.
> Some dumb questions:
> 1. I created a file in in usr/local/bin/ with textedit, but I am not able
> to run it from Terminal; in Script Editor it refuses to save the text you
> provided, saying "an unknown token can't be here" or something the like.
> 2. the job id are only the numbers in black following the printer name in
> blue or do they include it?
> I include a couple of pictures of what I'm after.
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> Il giorno lun 4 feb 2019 alle ore 22:59 Helge Blischke <helgeblischke at web.de>
> ha scritto:

The easiest way to get the job ID when printing is to execute the lp command from the command line, such as

lp -d display temp.ps

The system then writes on the terminal:

Job-ID is display–2189 (1 file(s))

(display in this example is the name of a print queue that displays the print result in a screen window).

The number, in this example, 2189, is the argument to pass to the script.

Helge