[cups] PPD file for Chrome OS

Joseph Cox jcox at cavendish.e-sussex.sch.uk
Wed Jan 30 07:42:20 PST 2019

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to assist, but I have a Chromebase and
I've put a Dymo 4XL label printer into it.

I've taken the Dymo 4XL PPD driver from the website and modified it with
help from some other PPD files I've found online and I managed to get the
Chromebase to accept the PPD file, which is great!

Unfortunately the printing quality is not great - it prints with dots
rather than a solid fill like printing through Windows does. I'm wondering
if anyone can point me in the right direction to what I may be missing in
the driver file.

I'm completely new to this and all changes I made were guesswork. I've been
trying all day with all sorts of combinations but I cannot get the printout
any better than it currently is.

If you would like to see the PPD file or an image of the "dots" please get
back to me and I can forward this on to you.

Thanks in advance,
Joseph

--
Kind Regards
Joseph Cox

Cavendish School
Eldon Road
Eastbourne
East Sussex BN21 1UE

www.cavendishschool.net

--

This message is intended for the use of the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and destroy it. You may not use it or copy
it to anyone else.
E-mail is not a secure communications medium. Please be
aware of this when replying. All communications sent to or from Cavendish
School may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
relevant legislation.
Although Cavendish School has taken steps to ensure
that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free, we can take no
responsibility if a virus is actually present and you are advised to ensure
that the appropriate checks are made.
You can visit our website at
www.cavendishschool.net <http://www.cavendishschool.net>
The Cavendish
School (Eastbourne) is an exempt charity and a company limited by
guarantee, registered in England and Wales with Company Number 8135372.

Its registered office is at Eldon Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 1UE