[cups] I cannot print using the Canon TS6000 series – CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.13-2 driver.

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 18:23:08 PST 2019

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 9:34 AM Bill <624wtl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brian:
>      From your link, I did these steps:
>      Uncommented CreateIPPPrinterQueues All in /etc/cups/cups-browsed.conf.
>      and executed systemctl restart cups-browsed.
>
> “After one simple change to cups-browsed.conf, IPP printers are
> automatically set up, made visible to applications and managed by
> cups-browsed on a default buster installation.
>
> Nothing else need be done to print to them. “
>
>      And $ lpstat -e shows:
> Canon_Gutenprint_Driver
> Canon_Pixma_TS6220
>
>      And http://localhost:631/printers/ shows:
> Queue Name    Description    Location    Make and Model Status
> Canon_Gutenprint_Driver    Canon TS6200 series    Bill's Office    Canon
> TS6000 series - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.13 Idle
> Canon_Pixma_TS6220    Canon TS6200 series    Bill's Office Canon TS6200
> series Ver.5.70    Idle
>
> What do I do next?

Hi Bill,
I am the Canon maintaininer from the gutenprint project.
There is no TS6200 series support yet, although there is TS6000 series
support as you found.
So at the moment you cannot use gutenprint for this printer, although
I expect to be able to find time to work on support for some of the
newer TS series by April.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug