[cups] Cups default/private job options

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Mar 8 05:58:03 PST 2019

Hello,

On Mar 7 19:29 Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote (excerpt):

> So, let me adapt my question. If I have a parameter,
> for instance a paper size, or color or black and I,
> as a system administrator want to fix it and not let
> the users to changed, how can I do it?

When it is about options in a PPD file, see

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Print_Settings_with_CUPS

how that works and what you as administrator can do.

That article is somewhat old so that this or that detail
may have changed but in general it should still apply.

See also "What is a PPD file and how does it work?" in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell

In contast CUPS generic options that are not in a PPD file
see https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html
can of course not be managed by editing the PPD file.
I don't know if CUPS generic options can be managed at all.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)