[cups] Cups default/private job options

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Mar 8 11:10:13 PST 2019

In regard to: Re: [cups] Cups default/private job options, Leopold...:

> well, this is something that I have to look deeply. However I have not
> seen how to override an option made by the user.

In the old days and with previous print spooling systems for UNIX and
Linux, we would use custom filters to strip out or override certain
settings within a job, before it was passed on to the printer.

That kind of thing is certainly possible with CUPS.  It's perhaps not
as straightforward to insert an arbitrary filter of your choosing
into the job chain as it was with certain other spoolers, but it's still
possible with enough knowledge and determination.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)