[cups] Raspberry using CUPS with own default ICC-Profile

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Sat Mar 9 04:50:54 PST 2019

> Am 07.03.2019 um 11:42 schrieb Helene <Helene19 at web.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed CUPS an my printer on my raspberry pi with raspbian.
>
> So now I can print from all pc with this printer over CUPS.
> But I have a defined ICC Profile, that I want to use with this printer.
>
> I found the following lines in your online help:
>
> /*% Specify a default profile for printing at all other resolutions and
> media types//
> //*cupsICCProfile ../Default:
> "/Library/Printers/vendor/Profiles/foo-default.icc"/
>
> But I don't know where and how I can add this code :-(
>
> Can anybody help me?

insert the respective statements somewhere near the beginning of the printer’s PPD, such as

*cupsICCProfile Gray../Grayscale: "/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Generic Gray Gamma 2.2 Profile.icc"
*cupsICCProfile RGB../Color: "/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/sRGB Profile.icc"

In this example, you can see how to specify different ICC profiles for different color spaces the printer can handle.
For more information, look at the cups.org web site, select the help tag and look into “cups ppdextendions“ for this keyword.

Helge