[cups] cups problem

Axel Braun Axel.braun at gmx.de
Sun Mar 10 09:02:28 PDT 2019

Am 10. März 2019 12:40:24 GMT-03:00 schrieb "fiberfling at gobrb.com" <fiberfling at gobrb.com>:

>I have 3 OS in my box, windows 7, Linux 18.04, Linux 12.04 and a
>Macintosh partition.

What is Linux 18.04 or 12.04?
Never heard of such a distro.

> It is the Linux partitions I am contacting CUPS
>about.  Cups is gone, the printers (two) will not work. Not recognized,
>no spooling,  I seem to be locked out, can't reinstall CUPS . CUPS is
>not working very well, maybe not at all.

Your problem is most likely not related to Cups. Software does not disappear.
If you are locked out, use a recovery or live system to reset the root password.
Google will help

Schöne Grüße
 Axel
--
Written from cell phone - excuses for typos