[cups] Can't detect file type / Not a PDF file

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 07:37:47 PDT 2019

On Thu 02 May 2019 at 14:50:05 +0100, Henrik Morsing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just found this searching for PJL encapulation:

> I'm on version 2.2.1-8+deb9u3.
>
> Pointing to this:

> Most replies in there by Brian, actually, if you remember a year and a
> bit ago. IT does look an awful lot like my problem.
>
> "Bug reassigned from package 'cups' to 'cups-filters'. Request was
> from Brian Potkin <claremont102 at gmail.com> to control at bugs.debian.org.
> (Sun, 07 Jan 2018 18:48:09 GMT) (full text, mbox, link)."

I had completely forgotten about my participation in this report.
Thanks for the reminder.

> But the last post, jumping forward two months, is form someone new
> with the same problem. I don't really understand his solution though.

Neither do I. But then, I haven't had time to test it.

> If this was recorded as a bug over a year ago, where is it now?

Still open and not forwarded upstream. I probably ran out of puff
at the time. I think upstream follows Debian bug reports and, as a
humble triager, I might have been relying on a reply to #886335
from that source.

--
Brian.